Monday, June 22, 2015
When Brian was on deployment to Italy, he saw a beautiful cabled white sweater in a shop. Unfortunately the shop was closed and he's sad to this day that he didn't buy the sweater. He's asked me to make it for him and I want to....someday. Let's just say that this blanket was "good practice."
Thursday, June 18, 2015
1. I misplaced a sneaker. Yes, the ones that I just bought a couple of months ago to replace the old, crappy, unsupportive ones. I'd gotten more serious about exercising and losing weight in the last six months or so and this is part of what's derailed me in the last couple of weeks. Anyway, I figure the best way to find a sneaker is to buy a new pair. I brought home a new pair from Kohl's last night and now we wait....
2. Oh yeah, I guess I did brush by that quickly. Have I told you that I've lost sixteen pounds? I have! Before you ask "How did you do it" I'll tell you: I eat less, and move more. It seems to work, and I don't deprive myself of the occasional ice cream or whatever. I'm wearing jeans a size smaller, and today I'm wearing a summer skirt that was tight on me last year. It's the most progress I've made in a very long time and I couldn't be happier.
3. School's out for summer! Last day of second grade was on Friday. It's really hard to believe that next year I'll have a third grader and a kindergartner. The boys are in Pennsylvania right now, having a great week with the grandparents.
4. And despite having to work....we're having a great week with just Brian and I. So far we've gone out for sushi, stayed up late watching movies, laughed and talked a lot and just enjoyed being together alone. It's good to rediscover "us" once in a while.
5. That being said, the house is eerily quiet and it feels a little like the Twilight Zone occasionally. Kind of like this is an alternate universe. I will say this though: it's much easier to clean a kids bedroom and get rid of stuff when they are out of the house!
Monday, June 1, 2015
Wednesday, May 27, 2015
Tuesday, May 26, 2015
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
Tuesday, May 12, 2015
Conversation in the car on the way home from school tonight...Will and I were talking about our neighbor who's his age. We'll call him Jimmy. Jimmy is allowed to do things like watch R - rated movies, drink Mountain Dew by the liter and stay up til the cows come home. We all had a "Jimmy" in our circles growing up, right?
Will mentioned that Jimmy ' s seen the movie "Titanic" and is obsessed with it. Will knows the story from the Magic Tree House books and wanted to know why he's not allowed to see it. I said, "first of all, it's too old for you. And you're a pretty sensitive guy, more sensitive than Jimmy. (Yeah Mom, way more sensitive!) I said that it was a sad story and he'd likely cry. I also mentioned that there's a questionable scene. Of course he asked me what, and I told him that there was a love story put in the movie to make it more exciting to viewers. (Anyone my age or a little younger knows about the scene where Jack is drawing a nude Rose, right!)
Then....Will informs me that Jimmy told him that there's a naked lady in the movie. "Ummm.. yes, there is, I confirm." And the best....."How does the naked lady make it more exciting then?? Unless she's running around naked, screaming that she needs to get dressed before getting in the lifeboat??"
That would certainly make it more entertaining. As for the excitement...talk to me in a couple of years.