Monday, April 7, 2014

The Almost-Weekend Baby Cardigan


This is by far going to be my new go-to pattern when I have a new baby to knit for!  It's the Puerperium cardigan, which is designed for under ten pounds.  I made it for an old friend who had her third baby a week ago.  (So yeah....I'd better get that in the mail!)

It was almost going to be purple but then I found this mystery skein in my yarn stash that I liked better.  And the heart shaped buttons are just darling.  They're also the reason why it's not the "Weekend Baby Cardigan" because I drew the limit at midnight on Sunday/Monday to finish this!  Then, in typical Crafty Mama fashion, I let it sit for a week, just putting on buttons tonight.  Actually, that's pretty impressive.  Things like weaving in ends, blocking and sewing buttons usually take way longer than a week around here!

No comments: