Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A Gateway

With "March Madness" going on there hasn't been a lot of new television for me to watch while knitting.  So I've been reading a little bit more.  And I got to thinking:  I love it when books lead to more books.

For example, I read a book two years ago called "The House at the End of Hope Street," by Menna Van Praag. It was a total random find at the library, and I loved it so very much that I recommended it to all of my friends. Now I'm about halfway through her newest "The Dress Shop of Dreams" and I'm finding her sophomore effort spellbinding as well.  Books don't often suck me in and make me late to work anymore.  That was the case today, though and I totally didn't mind.

Another recent random library find:  "My Year with Eleanor" by Noelle Hancock.  Not the best book on the planet, but I did like it.  And without it I never would've picked up Eleanor Roosevelt's autobiography.  What a fascinating woman!


No comments: