Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Doing Battle

A crop of fruit flies has taken residence in our kitchen.  I am not pleased.

They are the hardest damn things to get rid of, minus bedbugs.  And if we ever get bedbugs, I'll be mighty tempted to just set the house on fire and walk away.  (Kidding of course....but I will fantasize about it!)

A couple of friends recommended the vinegar and dish soap treatment, and another friend suggested wine.  I set up small containers of both and it really seemed like we were making progress.  Then I made the mistake of bringing the peaches and bananas back into the house.  I went home at lunchtime and they were having a party in the sink!

They obviously don't know who they're messing with.  This means war!  I will not rest until I can turn on my tap without a swarm in my face.

No comments: